Wednesday 14 November 2007

Mayhem

This is me at the end of Mountain Mayhem this year. I look a mess? I was...
For some totally unknown reason all I can think about today is Mountain Mayhem. I can't wait. Well, I can't wait to be fast enough to kick ass. I am doing long slow miles at the moment. Not even that long actually. Building my engine slowly with the awesome support of Rob Lee. I am eating good food and have a speedily developing six-pack. All very lovely. Haven't been on the mtb for ages though which is a bugger but will do in time, no doubt.


But Mayhem still eats away at the back of my mind. It was the most exhilarating feeling in the world finishing that race and my whole being is aching to do it again. The pain was indescribable but I will be better prepared next year. Each night as I layer on the thermals and strap lights to my head and handlebars I think of all those people sat behind Hollyoaks and feel pride that I am not just thinking it, I'm doing it.


Nothing worth doing was ever easy.


Fi
x

No comments: