Friday 16 September 2016

Rollers are harder than turbo

And in other statements of the blindingly obvious...the pope is catholic, etc.

Seriously, though, I had forgotten just how hard it is to stay upright on rollers. I always used to train on rollers but over the last five years I'd been using my husband's turbo in the hall as it was easier just to switch the seatpost on that than it was to go to the shed and dig out my rollers. But I know that I get tired on turbos. I get bored. And I watch tv. And my form goes to pot. My hips waggle about and all that is terrible for my knees. If I want to get strong again (which I most determinedly do), I need to keep good form and to train regularly.

So tonight I got out the rollers, dusted off all the spiders webs, sandwiched them between a solid table and some solid chairs (as emergency grab points). And then I went for it. I tried initially to multi-task and watch tv but that was pointless - endlessly grabbing for the table as I'd lost focus.

There was nothing for it but to turn on loud music and get stuck in. Oh MY. My core was feeling it. My hands were feeling it. I haven't focused on anything so hard in a long time. More rollers will be needed!

No comments: