Wednesday 2 July 2008

GDR Day Twelve

By 9.30pm Tuesday Jenn had reached Hartsel after an a good days riding of 120 miles. The good news is that she's reporting 'happy legs' and managed to miss a storm by hanging around in Breckenridge for a while. (I don't know... any excuse). That call isn't on the podcast yet but her Tuesday morning phone in from Silverthorne is at 14.14 minutes/ seconds...

"Hello it's Jenn, I am just about to leave Silverthorne. It's about 11.00am or just gone 11.00am - I'm not sure what the time is as usual. Yeah, yesterday was really tough, the section down to the Colorado River and up again was just horrific and I got caught in a huge wind storm coming up from the Colorado which was, you know hard to push the bike up the hill, let alone ride it slowly. It was hard work. I stopped at Kremmling last night and wasn't expecting to see anybody, but found Geoff, which was lovely because we got to chat. It was really nice to see somebody because I have a feeling I'm not going to be seeing many people from now because I think there are people behind and people in front but I think I'm in the gap in the middle, so I shall see how far I get today - try to get over the _ Pass before it gets too hot. OK, cheers, Bye."

Jenn- you are doing this with such grace and style. Here's to more happy pedaling.

Minx.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Jenn, you well and truly over the page on my map now! Yay!

and not too many more stops until you enter New Mexico...arriba!

:o)

Rabbit Girl

Anonymous said...

Well,I don't Jenn either-in person-although I have seen her grow from the 1st Mayhem SS report in The Outcast(and was stunned by her writing skills and style actually)
to winning the 24hrs & SSUK's and now this!
Jenn- if you read this at some point- you were camped near to us old hippies at SSUK but I was far too shy to come and say hello.

Good Luck and good vibes - you're doing fantastically as usual.
:-)