Wednesday 10 February 2010

Patagonian Expedition Race

I have to share.

My boyfriend is racing for Team Helly Hansen Prunesco in Patagonia in the 10 day non-stop multi-sport expedition adventure race. They'll be trekking, mountain biking, kayaking, climbing and other stuff like coasteering and obviously navigating themselves through the wilds of Patagonia. There are 6 checkpoints in 10 days. They'll barely sleep during the race and return to England a battered over-exhausted mess of broken bodies and adrenalin-fuelled sleeplessness.

Last year they won the race in 6 days. Will they do it again?

I am, needless to say, a nervous wreck. I am on twitter (I had to learn how to use it) constantly to check their progress (currently second). It is so exciting.

Adventure racing is so much fun... www.patagonianexpeditionrace.com

Come on The Prunes!

No comments: