Friday 29 November 2013

Friday Afternoon Cycling

I now have a weekly cycling opportunity... hurrah! The timing isn't perfect (3-5pm on Fridays) but that was the only time the child minder had available, but it's time for me, on a bike, in the fresh air, trying to remember how to turn those pedals.

Image : National Trust (C) Will Frost

I am loving it. Sunsets, misty fields and every corner full of memories of all the thousands of miles ridden around the lanes of Surrey. I grin from ear to ear, despite the rain and cold, and return, glowing with vigour and enthusiasm, ready for Tired Tetchy Toddler bedtime.

The only flaw in the plan is that said Toddler is yet to be convinced that going to the childminder is fun. Or indeed something that needs to be repeated on a weekly basis. At the moment my selfishness is winning the day. Mean old mum. Cycling is addictive indeed.


No comments: